As you might know, I have a healthy addiction to mojitos. Anywhere I go, I ask for one, but extra sweet and with extra lime juice (Sweet tooth ugh!). So as you can imagine being pregnant twice back to back has made me come up with a non-alcoholic version of my most cherished drink, as I like to call it “Fauxjito”.
Today I am sharing my recipe so that all the mommas out there can enjoy sipping on one! But also my non-pregnant friends, you can just add Bacardi Limón and it’s just as delicious!
Yields: One full glass
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Juice of 2 limes
1 lime cut in quarters for garnish
8-10 Mint leaves
1 mint spring for garnish
Splash of La Croix Lemon
Splash of San Pellegrino Limonata
3-4 teaspoons of sugar or simple syrup
* If you don’t have a drink shaker, just use a cup and seal the top with wrap paper to shake.
* If you don’t have a muddler, use a spoon to muddle the ingredients together.
1. Gather all the ingredients, style, and take a photo for Instagram (joking! But if you must, I won’t stop you ;)).
2. Wash and cut 2 limes in half, and squeeze the juice into a drink shaker.
3. Wash and cut 1 lime in quarters, and set aside for garnish
4. Wash and roughly cut 8-10 mint leaves, and add to the shaker
5. Add 3-4 teaspoons of sugar or simple syrup to the shaker
6. Muddle the lime juice, the mint leaves, and the sugar together, and shake the mixture.
7. Add ice to a cup, and add the quartered lime pieces to the cup
8. Add the muddled mix of lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar to the cup
9. Fill the cup with a splash of La Croix Lemon and a splash of San Pellegrino Limonata in equal portions until the glass is full.
10. Taste and adjust the sugar/simple syrup to taste. Add a straw, serve, and enjoy!
To make this recipe with rum, just add Bacardi Limón to taste when you are muddling the ingredients together!
Enjoy and Cheers!